Skip to main content

Rising to the challenge

Posted by: , Posted on: - Categories: Buying and selling property, Law and practice
Empty escalator ascending steeply to the horizon.
Marcos_Casado/Shutterstock.com

It is very clear we are living through extremely unusual times. Like many of you, we have had to make changes to the way we work to ensure we can keep on working and doing what's best for our customers and for the public health effort. We will continue to adapt as the situation and guidance evolves.

Our priorities

Since the lockdown was first announced in late March our challenge has been to maintain our most essential services, to protect our staff by following the public health guidelines, and to support the national effort to stop the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).

We have prioritised those services which have an immediate impact on the ability to buy and sell property; notably the official searches and copies applications needed before a sale can take place.

We are processing urgent updates to the register through our expedite process. Some of our customers have found themselves in very difficult circumstances and there have been some remarkable examples of our people working together to ensure each situation is managed to a successful conclusion.

We have also listened to the questions and comments coming in to us from our customers and introduced a number of policy changes including a temporary relaxation of our identity verification requirements and acceptance of ‘Mercury approach’ scanned signatures. Our Chief Executive, Simon Hayes, has been regularly emailing customers on these changes and the status of our services. These messages have been updated on our GOV.UK pages, through social media, shared with our stakeholders and on the HM Land Registry portal messaging.

However, like most businesses around the country – indeed around the world – we have had to quickly adapt to working under lockdown. In the beginning this meant we had fewer staff able to support our services, but we have been bringing more and more of our staff online and improving the speed of our services as quickly as possible.

Building our capacity

For many years we have been investing in automating some of our services, making it possible for our customers’ applications to be lodged electronically though our Business e-services. As a result of this long-term investment, when the lockdown hit our customers could still secure priority for their clients, with many search results being issued without delay, by using the HM Land Registry portal. However, many applications still need to be processed by our expert people.

As such our first priority was enabling our staff to work remotely. Even with recent changes to the government guidance we know there could be a second period of lockdown, bringing with it the additional impacts such as people being unavailable due to health issues or caring responsibilities. We believe this approach will support our efforts now will allow us to continue with greater flexibility in the long run.

We had to get our people online at a time when the entire country was looking to work remotely. Like you, our caseworkers are working in very different and sometimes difficult circumstances. Just under 6,000 staff work for HM Land Registry, and the vast majority are caseworkers who usually work from 14 offices across England and Wales.

Due to the sensitive nature of land registration we have never needed to perform land registration work remotely before, so only 1,000 members of staff have had equipment to work remotely.

Ensuring our staff had access was one part of the challenge. We knew we needed to develop new processes to securely support remote casework and we needed to do it quickly.  However, above all else, it is essential the integrity of the register is not affected. This work cannot be rushed. We will be increasing our remaining service capacity over the coming months. Customers may have noticed requisitions and replies starting to come back.

Prior to 23 March, we completed 95% of the 18,000 daily applications to update the register within five days. We are now processing more updates than we receive each day, but it will take some time to clear the backlog which built up in March, April and early May when we were unable to process significant numbers. We have been processing fewer register create applications (first registrations, transfers of part and first leases) during this period but we will be rebalancing our efforts and resources on to these cases.

We are also aware that the volume of applications received has fallen and that many of our customers are expecting a bounce back over the summer months.

We were already reflecting on our priorities before the coronavirus struck, and we are taking the opportunity to take a step back and look at the level of service we provide across our different products. We will be reaching out to ask about all of our customers’ priorities and how they feel we should prioritise our work. We will then be reviewing how we manage all our services in line with what they tell us to make sure we are accurately meeting their needs and providing the best support possible to the market.

This may result in changes to some services. All decisions on this will be based on clear evidence that this is what our customers need. We will be sharing more about this in the coming months.

In the meantime, if there is a need to expedite an application, due to hardship or a linked transaction and so on, I urge customers to use Application Enquiry to ask us to expedite, and we will prioritise these cases where possible. This allows us to clearly identify the most urgent cases and quickly meet our customers’ needs.

This has been a very challenging time for us and our customers. I know our services have not always been up to our usual standards; however I believe we are now in a much stronger position and we are getting stronger every day. In a second blog, to be published in the next few days, I will be exploring how this work has positioned us to be even stronger going forward.

We welcome your comments about this blog in the comments below. Please note that we are unable to discuss individual cases through the comments section and would request that all such queries be directed to our contact web form where you will receive a response as soon as possible.

Sharing and comments

1. Comment by Alun Llewellyn posted on

Appreciate your problems and the difficulties working around Coronavirus but I purchased my house last September and still you have been unable to enter the details in the Register. It is a new home but surely after nearly 9 months it should have been possible to update the Register; what if I wanted to put the house on the market now?

• Replies to Alun Llewellyn>

Alun - unfortunately we have had a backlog if this type of work for some time now. The purchase is protected as we have the application but if you should decide to sell and you find a buyer then we ha a process where applications can be expedited if an urgency arises.
      It is far from ideal but it is workable and hopefully provides some reassurance that such things are still possible even after as long a wait as you have experienced. If there is no urgency then please bear with us and we will process the application as soon as we can

2. Comment by Alun Llewellyn posted on

Thank you Adam for your very prompt response.

3. Comment by Sarah Wall posted on

How long can someone expect to wait to have an application expedited please? Especially where there is a sale at risk.

• Replies to Sarah Wall>

Sarah - requests to expedite, if made through the correc5 channel, are normally processed within a couple of working days. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-impact-on-hm-land-registrys-services#expedite-an-application
      Expedition reduces the wait time before it’s then considered. We quote 10 working days but currently most are looked at within a couple of working days. First registrations may wait a bit longer.
      Everything then hinges on it being in order of course and if it’s not then timescales will be stretched

Comment by Sarah Wall posted on

Thank you so much for your quick reply. Once it's been approved to be expedited how long can we then expect until we receive approval please? You mention that 'First registrations may wait a bit longer'. In our case the owners lost the original deeds but the house was never registered. In that case can we expect a delay?

• Replies to Sarah Wall>

Sarah - as per my reply. Considered within 10 working days. If the deeds have been lost then it’s then all about what evidence has been provided

4. Comment by Sarah Wall posted on

Thank you again for your swift reply Adam

5. Comment by Emma posted on

Hi I submitted an application to remove a restriction last month but still not heard anything. My re mortgage & additional borrowing is reliant on this & I have builders booked. Do you know how long these applications are taking? Thank you. Emma

6. Comment by Kate posted on

What has happened to the forum? I tried to get on it today and all my links were broken. Googled it and saw this.

HM Land Registry - Get Satisfactionm.getsatisfaction.com › companies › landregistry
    HM Land Registry 100155 Dear All <br /><br />From Tuesday 30 June 2020 this forum will be unavailable. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
    When will it be reinstated? I found it invaluable. I missed the notification as I'd turned off the feeds to my email account.
    Grateful for an update.

• Replies to Kate>

Kate - that particular forum has been ended by its provider. We are working on a replacement but it may not go live for a few weeks yet.
      When it does the details will appear on our Contact page as before https://www.gov.uk/guidance/contact-hm-land-registry

Comment by Kate Smith posted on

Thanks Adam, for your prompt response. I'll look out for the replacement and hope it appears sooner rather than later. It was a really useful tool and it's unfortunate it's disappeared just as I need it.
        Kate

7. Comment by Susan Walker posted on

Good morning,
    We are purchasing a house with two owners on Land Registry title. One is buying the other out before Exchange with us and their Conveyancer will be submitting the paperwork to you next week. How long will this take to change the Title so that we can get on with the Exchange?

Many thanks
    Susan

8. Comment by Melanie Oakes posted on

I am having my name taken off the deeds of a jointly owned property. Could you tell me how long it takes to perform this? The documents were submitted 2 weeks ago electronically.
    Many thanks

• Replies to Melanie Oakes>

Comment by Melanie Oakes posted on

Hi Adam,
        Many thanks for your really quick response. I appreciate why you have used the word "several", but as a house purchase is relying on release of equity, can I ask if a period of 3 to 4 weeks counts as "several", given that the LR have already had the paperwork for 2 weeks?

• Replies to Melanie Oakes>

Melanie - I use several as timescales will vary at this disrupted time. It is very unlikely to be 3/4 weeks and I would always refer you to the linked guidance which explains that if there’s a proven urgency then your conveyancer should be asking to expedite it.

9. Comment by Stephen posted on

Hi, my solicitor filed our lease extension forms on 29th November and these still haven't been processed. We are now selling our property and the buyer requires this filing to be completed. This has left our sale in a precarious position. What can we do?

10. Comment by Stephen posted on

Thanks! If my previous conveyancer is away, can I do this myself or does that cause an issue as they lodged the application? My sale is being handled by a separate conveyancer

• Replies to Stephen>

Stephen - follow the guidance and submit documentary evidence to confirm the sale/purchase e.g copy of the memorandum of sale.

11. Comment by Sam posted on

Hi Adam

Hope all is well

I have transferred a title of deeds across by way of gift to 2 family members

All the forms and payment were sent via post by myself as per process 3 weeks ago

Do I have to wait for a response before trying to expedite, as the forms asks for a reference number which I don't currently have!?

Sam

• Replies to Sam>

Sam - simply add a sequence of digits to the reference field. You’ll get an auto response which you should then reply to and attach a copy of the documentary evidence confirming the urgency

12. Comment by Steve H posted on

Hi, I have just tried to gain access to your online support forum at https://support.landregistry.gov.uk/landregistry/categories but it's not loading up? Do you know if it's down at the moment?

• Replies to Steve H>

SteveH - the forum is no longer available after the provider withdrew support for it. We are currently working on a replacement and hopefully that will be available later this month/early September. Details will appear on our contact page when that happens https://www.gov.uk/guidance/contact-hm-land-registry

Comment by Steve H posted on

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your response. Sad to hear that the support was withdrawn.

Can you advise on where I could get advice about filling in an AP1 form? I have read and watched the online help for filling out the form but have a question that isn't covered with the online guides. I was going to pose a question on the forum, which had worked well for me previously.

Steve

• Replies to Steve H>

Steve H - what’s the Q and I’ll try to help here?

Comment by Steve H posted on

Thanks Adam,

I am trying to fill out the forms to complete a property share transfer. The property is owned by myself, my two sisters and my father. It is spilt down as follows: my father owns a one-half share, my two sisters and myself own a one-sixth share each. I recently sold my one-sixth share to my mother and need to update the title register. I understand that we need to fill out the forms AP1, TR1 & ID1's for each party. I have completed the TR1 form but I'm having a bit of trouble on section 4 (Application, priority and fees) of the AP1 form, in particularly what to write under the Applications in priority order. I have put in the currently put in the box "Transfer of whole for value" but I'm unsure if this is correct. Are you able to advise?

Many Thanks
            Steve

• Replies to Steve H>

SteveH - just refer to it as a Transfer. If the Transfer is for monies put that amount in. If it’s not then put the full market value and 3xplained the share aspect in a covering letter
            You can only Transfer the whole of the legal ownership so all of you will be transferring to your Father, your sisters and your Mother

13. Comment by Steve H posted on

Thank you for your reply Adam. That is very helpful 🙂

It is for monies, so I have put that amount in. Do I need to put anything else in section four like alteration of the register?

Also another question that may be more difficult to answer. If we submitted all the forms along with a cheque for the correct fees what would happen if we had made a mistake? Would we have to pay the fees and resubmit everything? (Not that I'm planning to get it wrong, just trying to understand the process).

• Replies to Steve H>

Steve - nothing more in panel 4. If you got something wrong we’d write to you to put it right. There’s no extra fee

Comment by Steve H posted on

That's brillaint!

Thank you very much for your help Adam 🙂

Many Thanks
        Steve

14. Comment by Hay posted on

How long is changing a title from possessory to absolute roughly taking at the moment ?

Could this be expedited as it’s holding up exchange ?

15. Comment by Carolyn Floyd posted on

Hi, we're looking to complete a fairly complex transfer (complex because there are 5 people involved). In the current circumstances, we've opted to fill out ID3 forms for verification. Unfortunately one of the people involved has a passport which expired in May this year. Is it possible this would still be considered valid given that a) the passport office is not currently operating a full service b) you have written in your FAQs that you have stopped "rejecting applications where evidence or confirmation of identity is completely missing until further notice"?

In other words, can we go ahead and submit the forms (inc. ID3 forms) where all passports are in date apart from one which is 3 months out of date?

Thanks in advance

• Replies to Carolyn Floyd>

Carolyn - there is nothing to prevent you from submitting. However if the application is not in order we will then ask you to rectify that as and when it is considered. The wait time is currently around 5 weeks

16. Comment by Larry Buttle posted on

Hi Adam, I hope you can help shed a little light on a confusing situation?
    Our solicitors originally lodged an application in March to amend and update the title deeds, which the purchasers conveyancer is insisting upon, prior to the completion of the sale of 156 Kathleen Road, Sholing, Southampton, SO2 8LN. They have since sent in an AS1 (J944THR) on 3rd of July. The sale Is still waiting to proceed and they tell me that they have already sent an expedite request, but they have not heard back, (they tell me their portal just says ‘dealing’) so they have sent a second request, today, 19th August. Are you please able to confirm any of that for me? Along with any other relevant information, Also, if possible, when they are likely to receive the details to allow the transaction to conclude. Thank you very much and regards, Larry.

• Replies to Larry Buttle>

Larry - I can find only today’s contact record which confirms the request to expedite and our request for more details, which they then supplied
      Unfortunately it appears that the second application lodged in early July was their reply to the earlier request for more we made back in March
      I’m unsure why they submitted a second application but it appears matters have now been linked and the caseworker will be advised. Hopefully it is all in order and can be completed swiftly. I’ll flag it with colleagues

Comment by Larry Buttle. posted on

Adam, Thank you very much for your prompt reply and the flagging up to your colleagues, it is greatly appreciated.
        The information does clarify some of the confusion I have experienced at this end and I fully agree with you that it is hopefully all in order now, to allow a swift completion.
        Regards again,
        Larry.

Comment by Larry Buttle posted on

Hi Adam,
        Sorry to to have to contact you again, (19th August previously) but I have little confidence left with our conveyancers. Just to recall, The first application was made in March. The second (Unnecessary?) application G029LLR was in July. Fortunately you were able to link the two and forward/expedite it for me. Now The conveyancers, when asked to! will open their file/portal but tell me they have heard nothing. As The buyers of the property are now becoming impatient, are you able to please advise me of any approximate time scale?
        Many thanks and regards,
        Larry Buttle.

• Replies to Larry Buttle>

Larry - I’ll try and find out what the delay is

Comment by Larry Buttle posted on

Thanks Adam.
            Any info. would be very gratefully received, as our buyers are now on the verge of pulling out.

• Replies to Larry Buttle>

Larry - doesn’t look like we’ve covered ourselves in any glory here as we are still lacking a couple of basic things from the conveyancer. A caseworker colleague has picked it up for me and contacted the conveyancer so hopefully they can turn that request around quickly and we can get you over the finish line.

17. Comment by Abi posted on

Hello Adam, is it possible to know how long it takes to update the register? 4 dunedin road, rm13 8jx. I started the process July 8th , and sent in copy of old passport 2 weeks ago .

• Replies to Abi>

Abi - we are currently carrying out wider checks which are reliant on replies from others. If they don’t respond then the checks won’t complete until early September.
      I cant share any specific details re the checks as they are to reduce the risk of property fraud so are sensitive in nature. So please bear with us whilst the process completes

18. Comment by Abi posted on

Thanks for the info

19. Comment by Hannah posted on

Hi Adam, I was wondering if you could please look into the application for the first registration of 8 Rednal Hill Lane, Rednal, Birmingham B45 9LR.

My understanding is that the application was accepted for expedition a few weeks ago. It's currently the stumbling block for a chain moving, any idea as to when it might be completed? Many thanks

20. Comment by Jon Shepherd posted on

We applied for a change to the register, not for monetary consideration, for a property held on trust with a Form E restriction. The transfer papers along with the ID1s were delivered to you on 11th August and cheque was cashed within 3 days. When should I expect the application to complete?

21. Comment by CJ posted on

Hello,

I am in the process of remortgaging my leasehold property and was just about to complete but the new lenders solicitors are advising that there are two applications on my property. The first relates to a lease extension (which I have just read my solicitor can apply to expedite this and I will pursue) but the second relates to my original lender selling its mortgage business to another lender shortly before Covid19 started in Ernest - could you please advise how to expedite this second application as I am stuck with no idea of when this second application will complete and risk losing the fixed rate mortgage I am trying to secure.

Thank-you

• Replies to CJ>

CJ - same process as your conveyancer should follow re own application so ask them to flag second application also

22. Comment by Vahe posted on

Hi, the new lease (extension) registration application for our flat has been logged in Nov 2019 but still showing as pending processing as per our solicitor. When to expect the registry to be updated? Thanks

23. Comment by Jason Saggers posted on

Hi Adam, the sale of my late mothers house is currently being held up due to a date discrepancy between the deeds and the register - 10 Roleton Close, Bootle, Merseyside L30 7QE. Can you confirm what stage the issue is at, when we are likely to see a response and if our conveyancer requested it to be expedited?

• Replies to Jason Saggers>

Jason - what’s the title number/case reference please? And what did your conveyancer advise as they can check and confirm answers to your Qs via their secure online portal?

Comment by Jason Saggers posted on

Conveyancers reference is 913501. At this stage the whole sale process has taken an exorbitant amount of time (sale agreed on 7 Mar) and my faith in the conveyancer and their portal updates has eroded completely.

• Replies to Jason Saggers>

Jason - understood although it’s the title number and our case reference I needed.
          We don’t have an application against that postal address but it looks like the conveyancer lodged an enquiry on 20th August and we replied on the 22nd asking for more but We’ve not had a response as yet.
          I see that someone sharing your surname has also contacted us on the 23rd and again on the 28th querying the same issue
          The requests to amend the register are with the appropriate team so hopefully both your conveyancer and related enquirer should hear from them early next week

Comment by Jason Saggers posted on

Thanks for your help Adam, My sister also raised a query but had not yet got a response. Certainly seems like our conveyancer is letting us down, they new of the register discrepancy and waited over a month to raise it with your team. This combined with their very poor customer service leads me to think we were badly advised to go with them. Hopefully we will hear something by the end of next week and if not I will get back to you.

• Replies to Jason Saggers>

Jason - it looks like the original error was ours a few decades ago and as the property never changed hands it was never an issue so not spotted. These things tend to be spotted as and when a sale/mortgage triggers a closer look and unfortunately I suspect Covid has impacted on both your conveyancer and ourselves as nothing has been moving quickly for a while now and even enquiries/amends such as this can take time simply because of the wait time as the volume of work against available resources is a bit of a mismatch at present.
            I’m confident we can progress this quickly but that will be up to colleagues next week.

24. Comment by Jason Saggers posted on

Thanks Adam, appreciate your comments but that doesn’t excuse their lack of communication and constantly ignoring requests for information. Also looks like they haven’t been truthful with us as They had informed us weeks ago that they had contacted HM Land Registry. Reviews on our conveyancer which we failed to research before choosing them, show that these issues are a common failing of theirs. Thanks for you help hopefully we will see a resolution soon.

• Replies to Jason Saggers>

Comment by Jason Saggers posted on

Hi Adam, can you advise if this issue has been escalated? MS152811

• Replies to Jason Saggers>

Jason - we had an amendment dated 1st Sept but that was completed on the 2nd and the register updated. There was an issue re the lease particulars so the amendment covers that

Comment by Jason Saggers posted on

Excellent thanks for your help. Kind regards

25. Comment by Mohamed posted on

Hi, I am buying a parcel of garden land from my neighbour and have some queries about filling in AP1. I want the land to be added to the title plan of my property, Do I need to put both title numbers in panel 2, the one the land is being transferred off and the one I want it to be transferred onto ? In panel 4, application, priority and fees, do I put just Transfer and the amount paid ? In part 5, do I list only TP1 or do I need to add the ID1 form too ? In panel 6, the applicant is the buyer, seller or both ? Does an ID1 need to filled in for both buyer and seller, also given the value is 3000 pounds are they required ?

Thanks.

• Replies to Mohamed>

Mohamed - yes and you need to also provide a written explanation as to why amalgamation is being applied for. It is not always possible to amalgamate and we won’t routinely do so on request so do reserve the right to say No to such requests.
      Yes re panel 4 but also list Amalgamation- see letter
      Panel 5 lists all docs so if you are providing ID1 forms then you’d list them
      Panel 6 is the buyer
      ID1s are needed for all parties but if the Transfer is for less than £6K then they are not needed.
      Each of your Qs are covered by the linked guidance for completing the transfer of lan£ and forms
      Use the links to how to complete each form for example

Comment by Mohamed posted on

Thanks Adam. What are acceptable reasons for requesting an amalgamation ?

• Replies to Mohamed>

Mohamed - there’s no ‘list’ so you have to make a case for it. Our policy starts with a No as dealing with more than on3 title makes very little difference from a registration perspective. So if you have a reason for requesting it then include that with your application. We’ve got to deal with the Transfer anyway and your request doesn’t jeopardise that.

Comment by Mohamed posted on

Thanks Adam. You mentioned the ID1 form is not required for a transfer of less than 6K. Do I instead need to provide a certified valuation, as per the ID1 guide ? And given the current circumstances with Covid 19 and the difficulty in getting someone to come out and value land is there some exemption ?

• Replies to Mohamed>

Mohamed - you stated that the Transfer was for monies so if that’s less than £6K you don’t need a valuation. If we have any concerns we may ask for more evidence but if it’s a small parcel of land I doubt we will

Comment by Mohamed posted on

So, on panel 14 section (2) Evidence of identity I don't tick anything ?

• Replies to Mohamed>

Mohamed - just put names and add ‘none - low value exception’ for example

26. Comment by Hay posted on

Once an application has been submitted requesting expedite along with evidence.

How long after submitting can I expect a response of It being successful or not successful ?

• Replies to Hay>

Hay - within 5 working days normally

Comment by Hay posted on

Sellers solicitor requested expedite but didn’t supply evidence. So he/she was then asked to resubmit a request.

He/she then asked my solicitor to submit evidence.

I took it upon myself to request expedite as well
        As supplying some supporting evidence.

So the file for the address will most likely be showing a few expedites will this cause an issue on my request being looked at as he/she hasn’t fully done the expedite As didn’t submit evidence ?

I’d also like to thank you for your guidance and fast responses.

• Replies to Hay>

Hay - multiple requests are rarely needed and do create extra work to manage/respond to but it won’t be an issue re processing of the application, which as stated, has already begun. If they respond quickly and fully then there will hopefully be no delay or risk of missing your Mortgage timescale.

Comment by Hay posted on

Thanks for this information.

Have a good day.

27. Comment by Hay posted on

I done it on Saturday ... will this Sunday and Monday count as days ?

Wasn’t expecting a response on bank holiday, so worth an ask.

28. Comment by Wasim posted on

Hi, we are currently in the process of buying a property but part of the garden has land that is not registered in the title deeds. We requested the vendors (who have lived there for 18 years) to register the land in their name prior to completion. This was done in June and we are still waiting for information on progress. Do you have an idea on how long this could take ?

29. Comment by Larry Buttle posted on

Thanks again Adam.
    Not good news, but I do appreciate the honesty, at least we know where we are with it. I will be onto the conveyancers to get the info to you asap. as last time we hand delivered the signed forms to them and we later found out it was over a week before they posted them on to you!
    Larry.

30. Comment by Larry Buttle posted on

Update for you Adam,
    Our Conveyancers tell me they have now sent the info. requested by Land Registry this morning. In an attempt to retrieve the situation with our buyers, is it possible to advise me of a likely timescale for the process to be completed?
    Many thanks and regards,
    Larry Buttle.

• Replies to Larry Buttle>

Larry - it was requested before that but not provided so this morning we asked again. If they’ve replied then it should be considered again today and completed

31. Comment by Larry Buttle posted on

Thanks That’s great Adam. Will get to work this end and see what we can do?
    Cheers, Larry.

32. Comment by D Wilson posted on

We purchased our new house on 16th June and are keen to know when the register is likely to e updated i.e. what is the current delay/backlog

33. Comment by Andrew MacGregor posted on

Good afternoon,

We have very recently expedited a name change with yourselves (am happy to provide the specific title number), as our mortgage offer expires in a week, which could cause our whole chain to collapse.

I have rang through to your customer services several times to check on progress of this. Your staff have been very helpful, but I am struggling to understand why a rough timescale cannot be given for - what we are told by your staff - is a simple name change?
    If we don't get this name change done by mid-next week, the chain could fall over, thus we have to re-apply (having had our offer accepted on our new house at the end of January).

Appreciate these are exceptional times, but can you PLEASE provide us with some idea of timescale - however approximate that may be.

• Replies to Andrew MacGregor>

Andrew - the devil is always in the detail and because we have tens of thousands of ‘simple’ applications it’s very difficult to be definitive. A name change can be achieved in a variety of ways also.
      If it’s expedited then that means it should be considered within 10 working days of said expedition. 96% of expedited applications are. The ‘simple’ ones tend to be considered much sooner, say 3/4 working days.
      Everything then hinges on it being in order of course and no wider checks needed. If everything is ok then it’s normally completed just after it’s considered.

Comment by Andrew MacGregor posted on

Hi Adam,
        Thanks you so much for your helpful reply.
        Agree the detail is critical. How can we provide our title number reference so you can check to see if our case is in the ‘simple’ category?

34. Comment by Andrew MacGregor posted on

Morning Adam,
    The title number ref is AV206517.
    Many thanks.

• Replies to Andrew MacGregor>

Andrew - we have the application and it has been expedited. I see you have also rung us a couple of times as well so are already aware.
      As it’s expedite I’d expect it to be considered in the next few working days. Everything then h8nges on it being in order as to whether it’s completed or wider checks are needed.
      In the circumstances I’d suggest sticking to this channel and if you’ve not heard anything from the conveyancers/parties involved by Thursday then post a further comment to ask here.
      Please note that blogs are moderated so any new comments have to be approved before they are published and appear to a reader. I’ve deleted your other two comments as a result

35. Comment by Andrew MacGregor posted on

Morning Adam,
    Many thanks for this.
    Appreciate your guidance, but I am afraid given our mortgage offer expires next Wed, Thursday is probably too late. Have re-iterated this heart-breaking situation several times to your colleagues and (I think) the message has landed.
    Is there anyway extra urgency can be added?
    Thanks again.

• Replies to Andrew MacGregor>

Andrew - it has landed hence expedition being granted. I’ll check with colleagues to see if anything else can be done

36. Comment by Andrew MacGregor posted on

Thanks again Adam

• Replies to Andrew MacGregor>

Andrew - the application has been completed and the register updated

37. Comment by Andrew MacGregor posted on

Adam - amazing news! Will you guys relay that to the relevant conveyancer now?
    Thanks again
    Andrew

• Replies to Andrew MacGregor>

Comment by ianflowers posted on

Andrew - I'm replying as Adam is currently unavailable. Yes, notification of completion will have gone out to the conveyancer acting, who will then have the responsibility of notifying other parties as appropriate.

38. Comment by Mike Niven posted on

About four months ago our solicitor asked the Land Registry to do a simple change in property ownership to joint tenants. Three months ago we were asked to confirm the property's current value and did so. Since then nothing more has been heard. Can you give an indication of when the transfer might be completed? The title number is K190594.

Thank you.

• Replies to Mike Niven>

Mike - the application was completed and the register updated on 24th July. Your conveyancer will have been notified

39. Comment by Mike Niven posted on

Thank you very much for the fast response. On that basis, it looks like my solicitors are being particularly slow and need a rocket. If they had done their job I would not have needed to trouble you.

Many thanks.

40. Comment by Victoria posted on

Hi Adam H, we sold our house 3 weeks ago to avoid losing a sale even though we couldn't complete on our new property because we are waiting for the title to be updated to remove a contract to sell to a third party. We are in temporary accommodation with our twin babies with everything in storage while we wait for this update. Can you give us an idea of timescales please? Thank you.

41. Comment by wendy mcdonald posted on

Is it possible please to find out if Title number LL126283 has been processed. I am purchasing this property (some of the garden has been sold to the neighbour and has to be registered first) myself and the chain are hoping for completion in three weeks time when we all hope we will be moving. But, it all depends on this land being registered, it has I am told been expedited because of the impending sale and a chain of people waiting on it.
    I do hope you can help because time is getting limited now.

• Replies to wendy mcdonald>

Wendy - it has been expedited and processed. We wrote to the applicants on the 17th with an update so I’d recommend contacting them for confirmation re next steps and timescales. We are now reliant on the two parties to assist with final checks so the ball re how quickly we can complete it is very much in their court

Comment by wendy mcdonald posted on

Not sure is my message sent to you so will do it again. The paperwork we were talking about above has not yet been received by the two people who are waiting for it. You say it was sent out on 17th. I hope you can help. Regards Wendy

• Replies to wendy mcdonald>

Wendy - items are sent by post and currently that may mean delays in printing, issue and postal delivery. Hopefully any items will be received in today/tomorrow’s post as appropriate

Comment by wendy mcdonald posted on

Ok thank you. Sounds like it should be with them any day. I appreciate your help with this. Wendy